Mainstream is a term that usually refers to the common current of thought of the majority, meaning that "mainstream" things are those that are currently popular with most people. It is most often applied in the arts (i.e., music, literature, and performance).
Mainstream movies can best be defined as movies created for profit that have a wide release and play in first run theaters (a movie theater that runs mostly mainstream movies from the major movie companies and distributors during the initial release period of each movie). Being sold at popular stores can also be an indicator. Hollywood movies are usually considered mainstream and also blockbusters. The boundary is vague. An example of the opposite of mainstream movies is typical art films.
Renascence Developed Mainstream Projects:
1. NEXUS - Sci-Fi Thriller - About the privatization of the strategic defense initiative and the near fatal consequences.
2. SPIN - Twelfth Night Drama - A fun melodramatic story about a young woman who risks all to realize her dream of becoming an influential artist and therapist.
3. THE BENEFACTOR - Political Action Thriller - A riveting story about love, peril, choices, and consequences of a deadly mixture of the three.
4. THE CONQUEST - Epic Action Adventure - Epic story about William the Bastard, Duke of Normandy who becomes the first Norman King of England.
5. HUNTER CHRONICLES - Eco-Thriller - A timely dramatic story about ambition, fatal imprudence, and the resulting risk to a precious resource.
6. THE OATH - Rites of Passage Drama - A story about a frustrated American doctor caught up in a struggle between an indigenous tribe and global pharmaceuticals over a forest rich with herbal cures.
7. 25: THE WARRIOR DYNASTY - Dramatic Action Adventure - Nubian Pharaohs save Egypt.
8. TRANSFERENCE - Psychological Thriller - Compelling story about the infestation and disintegration of a psychotherapist, her family, and a mental health institution at the hands of a delusional but brilliant psychopath.